Auto-Flex Team Policy
Read our blog post - Auto-Flex Team Policy
Effective April 8, 2021, Postman offers a more flexible model that simplifies how you can add Users to your Postman team. With the "auto-flex" model, you can authorize additional Users at any time through the administrative dashboard of your Postman Service, instead of having to purchase each additional User license with Postman prior to enablement.
We will bill you for any additional Users on a monthly basis for monthly plans, and on a quarterly basis for annual plans, measured from the date of your initial purchase. Shortly before the applicable billing date, your Billing and Admin User will receive a notification that reflects the number of added Users during that monthly or quarterly cycle. Your Admin User can make adjustments to the number of Users on your plan through the administrative dashboard at any time prior to the billing date, provided however, once you have been billed you may not reduce the number of Users until the end of your then-current Subscription Term. Then, on the billing date, you will be billed for the number of additional Users on your plan as of the billing date.
- On the day you purchase a paid plan, you will be charged for the initial number of Users you select.
- If you add more Users to your plan after the initial purchase, those User subscriptions will be co-termed with your original User subscriptions.
- Billing calculations and any changes to the number of Users on your plan will be reflected in your billing statements. For annual plans, we will bill you quarterly for any additional Users; for monthly plans, we will bill you monthly.
Here's an example of a monthly plan:
Your workspace is on the Team plan and you're paying monthly — $15 per User per month. You add 4 new Users ten days into your monthly billing cycle. You deprovision 2 Users before the next regular billing date. You will be charged $15 each for the total number of Users on your plan as of the billing date, including the 2 Users you added during the preceding month and retained as of the billing date.
Here's an example of an annual plan:
Your workspace is on the Team plan and you're paying annually — $144 per User per year. Your "auto-flex" billing cycle happens at the end of every quarter of your annual Subscription Term. You add 4 new Users two months into your billing cycle. You deprovision 2 Users before the next regular billing date (i.e. the end of the third month of your annual Subscription Term). You will be charged for the 2 incremental Users you added during the preceding three month period and retained as of the billing date, at the prorated price for the remaining nine months of your annual Subscription Term (i.e. $216 total).
Paying by annual invoice? We invoice you for a set number of Users for the full year. If your team grows larger than anticipated, we’ll send you an invoice once per quarter to settle any outstanding balances.
Credit card charges
You'll see the first credit card charge from Postman on the day you purchase any paid subscriptions. Here are some other times you'll see charges:
- On the monthly renewal date if your team is on a monthly payment plan. This will include any charges for adding new Users as described in the Auto-Flex team policy sections above.
- On the annual renewal date if you are on an annual payment plan.
- On the last day of the quarter, if you are on an annual payment plan and there are any charges due for adding new Users as described in the Auto-Flex team policy sections above.
Tip: To learn more about the different types of roles and permissions you can assign in Postman, visit Defining Roles.