Custom SAML in Ping Identity
Note: only an admin of your Ping Identity organization can create the application.
- From the Ping Identity admin console, select the Applications tab.
- Under the My Applications tab, find the Add Application dropdown and select New SAML Application.
- Fill in the required application details and continue to the next step.
Download the SAML metadata file, and enter your Postman service provider details. These details can be found on the Postman Edit Team Details page.
Field Value Protocol Version SAML v 2.0 Assertion Consumer Service collect it from the Postman team details page Entity ID collect it from the Postman team details page
- Add email as an application attribute and map it to Email. Click Save & Publish.
- After configuring all the details, enable the new SAML application with the Enable toggle.
- Once enabled, the status will show as Active for the application.
- Once the setup is completed, submit your Identity Provider's details to Postman. Copy the
Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL,
Identity Provider Issuer, and
X.509 Certificatefrom the downloaded SAML metadata file and enter these values on the Postman Edit Team Details page within the Ping Identity Provider Details modal. For more details on this last step, review setting up SSO in Postman.