Splunk On-Call (formerly VictorOps) is a real-time incident management platform that combines the power of people and data to handle incidents as they occur and prepare for the next one.
This integration allows you to configure Postman Monitors to trigger incidents on Splunk On-Call whenever it fails.
- Log in to your Splunk On-Call account and go to the Settings tab.
- On the Settings page, go to the the Alert Behavior menu and select Integrations.
- From the list of integrations, select the REST Generic Integration.
- If the integration is not already enabled, click the Enable Integration button. If the integration is enabled, you will see a URL which contains the API Key.
- Copy the API Key and save it for later.
You can also provide routing keys if you are using teams within Splunk On-Call. Routing keys allow the creation of incidents to be directed towards a specific team, so that they get notified about a particular failure. To get the routing key:
- Click on the Alert Behavior menu and select Route Keys.
- Enter your own key and select a team for which the key is applicable.
Search and select Splunk On-Call.
- Select Add Integration to start configuring this integration for your workspace.
- Select a monitor to send to Splunk On-Call.
- Enter the Splunk On-Call API key.
- Click "Advanced Options" if you want to add a Splunk On-Call Routing Key.
- Click the Add Integration button.
You can send the results of multiple monitors to the same Splunk On-Call collection.
You can see your newly created integration and every instance of this integration created by your team.
- Click the name of the monitor you added to this integration to view the monitoring results.
An incident on Splunk On-Call consists of basic information from a monitor that has failed, including the number of errors and failed tests. It also provides a direct link to the failing monitor. This integration automatically acknowledges a triggered incident if the subsequent run succeeds.